Tax: Non-US Persons and Entities: My Form 1042-S is Incorrect

If your name, address or US Taxpayer Identification Number or other information on Form 1042-S is incorrect, log in to Client Portal and:

  • Click Support.
  • Click Tax Form Correction to open the tax correction form.
  • Select the tax year for which you wish to report a correction from tax year list.
  • Select your taxpayer status from the drop-down (US Taxpayer, Canadian Taxpayer, Non-US Taxpayer).
  • All available tax forms for your selected taxpayer status will display in the Type of Correction section. Click the tax form you would like to correct to review and correct the form.
  • Make your corrections to the tax form.
  • Click Submit when you have completed your corrections to the tax form.


Circular 230 Notice: These statements are provided for information purposes only, are not intended to constitute tax advice which may be relied upon to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, and do not resolve any tax issues in your favor.