Tax: Non-US Persons and Entities: What to do if your Form 1042-S is not posted in Client Portal

If you are missing a 1042-S, verify that you received interest, dividends or substitute payments in lieu from US sources in the previous year.

Once you have reviewed your account activity for the previous tax year and determined that you should have received a Form 1042-S for an account, please contact our Client Service department with specific transaction details, including the name of the security, number of shares/contracts and trade dates.  We will research the issue and advise you once we have concluded our investigation.

Circular 230 Notice: These statements are provided for information purposes only, are not intended to constitute tax advice which may be relied upon to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, and do not resolve any tax issues in your favor.