Tax Reporting: Schedule K-1

If you hold shares or units in a publicly traded partnership such as a master limited partnership or a royalty trust, you will receive Schedule K-1 directly from the general partner or trust.

The K-1 reports your pro rata share of the partnership’s taxable income, gain, loss and deductions.  This information is required to be reported on a Schedule K-1 by the partnership.  Any income or expense, as well as distribution, from the partnership will adjust the cost basis of your holding.

Contact Investor Relations associated with the fund directly or access the fund’s website for more information or to obtain the K-1 tax information on-line.

You are advised to keep Schedule K-1 for your records; you are not required to file it with your tax return.   Refer to IRS Publication 541, Partnerships, for more information and consult your tax advisor.

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.