Tax Reporting: Dividends/Payments in Lieu

Substitute payments, such as dividends on securities that you have loaned to others, are reported in Box 8 on Form 1099-MISC.

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.