Tax Reporting: What should I do if I receive an amended Form 1099?

We often need to amend and re-issue Forms 1099 as additional information becomes available to us.  For example, an amended Form 1099 will be issued to reflect the late announcement by a mutual fund, regulated investment company (RIC) or unit investment trust (UIT) that a dividend distribution has been reclassified.   If we do revise your Form 1099, you will receive an email notification that there has been a change, and you can access the amended form by logging in to Client Portal and selecting the Reports > Tax menu option.

Consult your tax advisor for further guidance on reporting these amounts.

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.