The security questions represent just one component of the security framework which IB has put into place to protect your account. We offer the following simple tips for selecting your security questions and answers in order to make the most effective use of this security measure:
1. Choose questions having answers that you can remember in the future and answer consistently.
2. Use one-word answers whenever possible.
3. Be careful with spaces. If you use "San Diego" as an answer to one of your security questions, the system will reject "SanDiego."
4. Avoid using quirky or nonsensical answers as they'll likely to be difficult to remember later.
5. Select a question which cannot be easily guessed or researched, has many possible answers and where the probability of guessing the correct answer is low.
6. Select a question for which the answer is unlikely to be known by others such as a family member, close friend, relative, ex-spouse, or significant other.
7. Choose a question having an answer which is stable and not likely to change over time.