IB provides account holders with a tool that provides real-time updates and current status of all deposit and withdrawal transactions relating to both cash and positions which have taken place over the prior 45 calendar day period. This tool is made available through the secure Account Management application and may be accessed via the Funds Management and then View Transaction History menu options.
Upon entering the View Transaction History screen, information is organized and made viewable via the following five tabs:
- Cash Deposits – includes transaction detail (deposit type, amount and delivering institution) along with key processing dates (when notified, arrived, credited to equity and made available for withdrawal) and current status (e.g. pending, approved, canceled, completed, expired).
- Cash Withdrawals – includes transaction detail (withdrawal type, amount and receiving institution) along with key processing dates (when requested and sent) and current status.
- Position Transfers In – includes transaction detail (transfer type and delivering institution) along with key processing dates (when notified, arrived, credited to equity and made available for withdrawal) and current status.
- Position Transfers Out – includes transaction detail (withdrawal type and receiving institution) along with key processing dates (when notified and sent) and current status.
- Bank Instructions – in the event the transaction requires creation of an instruction for the purpose of providing IB with the necessary account specific information and authorization to act (i.e., if the deposit method dictates that IB pull funds directly from the client’s account or if the withdrawal method dictates that IB push funds directly to the client’s account) information regarding that instruction will be presented here. That information includes transaction detail (date created, function, method and institution) along with current status.
NOTE: Account holders may cancel transactions which are in a pending state by clicking on the red X located in the Action column which is provided within each of the above five screens. In addition, the amount of a wire transfer deposit notifications may be modified by first clicking on the Modify link also located in the Cash Deposits Action column. In order to complete the modification request, the account holder will need to enter the revised amount and/or currency and add the Customer Reference or Payment ID number as provided by the sending institution.