Interactive Brokers takes our intuitive and ergonomic mobile trading platform to the next level by providing you a companion app for the Apple Watch.
The companion app is designed to display information when a user has logged in to the IB TWS app on their iPhone. It will work in both the Live Trading and Read Only Modes but does not support active trading. This companion app is only available for informational purpose only.
At 'glance view' the app will display the following information; Amount of FYI Notification, Account Number, Daily P&L, Net Liquidation Value, Number of Open Orders, Number of Trades Executed, Excess Liquidity and number of Positions you currently own. It will also display the time when it has fetched the information from your iPhone.
Important: The Apple Watch applications are only 'companion' apps. This means they are not installed directly on the watch itself, but rather are a function of an application already installed on your iPhone.
1. Install the latest version of the IB TWS app on your iPhone.
2. Pair your Apple Watch to your phone.
3. Launch the Watch app on your phone.
4. Scroll down on the main screen until you see your list of apps, locate the IB TWS app and Tap on it.
5. Enable Show App on Apple Watch and Show in Glances by swiping the slider to the right (green).
6. After the top slider is set to green, you will see a text informing you that the app is being installed. At this stage the phone is sending the application to your watch per Bluetooth. This might take a short moment (approximately 30-60 seconds.) Once completed the companion app has been installed.
Note: Once enabled it will 24 hours before P&L shows up on the watch after activation.
On your Apple Watch click on the crown to access your Home Screen, you should now see an icon for the IB TWS App.
Note: Tapping on this icon does not launch the app’s functional screen. It merely displays the information on how to enable the Glance View.
To display the 'Glance' view swipe up on the watch face to a glance, then swipe left or right to see all active glances (There is no need to tap on the IB TWS App (1), if so it will only display directions (2) on how to enable Glance view.)
As an alternative if you don't want to swipe through your active glances, you can hold the crown, ask Siri (1) 'Show the IB TWS glance' (2) then let go of the crown.
Refer to Glances on Apple Watch for more details.