To install Java on MAC OS X 10.7, and 10.8
1. Goto Java.com
2. Click on the Free Java Download button
3. You will see, Download Java for Mac OS X
- Click on Agree and initiate download
4. File will then be downloaded to the downloads directory.
5. Browse your Downloads directory; locate the file titled jre-7u13-macosx-x64-1.dmg file and double-click
6. Double click on the package icon to launch install wizard (see below)
7. The install wizard displays the Welcome screen. Click Continue (see below)
8. The Standard Install on Macintosh hard drive screen will appear. Click the Install button (see below)
9. After the installation has completed, a confirmation screen will appear. Click Close to finish the installation process. (Fig 4)
Installing Java on MAC OS X 10.6 and below:
1. Click on the Apple Icon, upper left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on Software Update
3. Software Update checks for available updates. In the Software Update window, select the items you want to install, (JAVA) then click Install.
4. Restart your computer